By Joanie Marx
So, here we are in what could be said the best years of our lives, where millions of Baby Boomers are more active, livelier and far more secure financially than previous generations our age. Yet so many of us are not satisfied as our generation grapples with the reality of being discarded to a life of quiet desperation.
There comes a point for all women and men, regardless of our generation, when we can no longer rely on the myths about physical youth defining the best years of our lives. Nor can we continue calling upon society’s idea of what constitutes true beauty as our basis for feeling good about ourselves.
The only thing that matters when this inevitable moment arrives is our authenticity. This can only come from whom we accept as our truest self in the moment, which requires us to change our perspective about life. For who we truly are cannot be dug up in the past or located in the future. Our truest and most authentic self is who we choose to be right now, in the present.
HERE IS PRETTY GOOD
The myths, ideas and expectations of youth that the Baby Boomer generation helped the media, advertising and entertainment industries shape were merely window dressing to the ultimate beauty and purpose of our time here on this earth. Now, is the time to say goodbye to what no longer serves us and instead, open ourselves up to an authentic way of living youthfully.
Every step, every experience and every breath we’ve taken in our life has led us here. If we are to honor our youth and everyone we cherish, it is necessary for the life we live right now to be a reflection of our gratitude for the experiences that delivered us here. And with the sun shining on our youthful face, here is pretty good.
Want to learn more about the Seven Baby Boomer Myths and how you can Refocus & Renew Your Life™ right now? Go to Amazon today and order my #1 Amazon Best Selling book, “Facelifts, Money and Prince Charming: Break Baby Boomer Myths and Live Your Best Life”.
Click here to order the book on Amazon.com.
BOOK JOANIE MARX AS A GUEST FOR YOUR SHOW
#1 Amazon Sest Selling Author, Hollywood actress, and Baby Boomer Advocate, Joanie Marx is your ideal guest for your show.
- With 30 years in front of the camera and dozens of on-stage performances in front of a live audience, Joanie does not freeze and knows how to hit her mark when the lights are on.
- A master storyteller who is well versed in hooking an audience in 30-seconds or less and keeping them engaged throughout her segment.
- Delivers emotionally intense and socially relevant information in a digestible form that both Baby Boomers and younger audiences can relate to.
- Well trained in improvisational theater, Joanie can easily adapt to any environment and effortlessly interact with the personality of the host and connect with any audience.
- Brings a personable sense of humor and no-nonsense approach to complex and often controversial subjects concerning Baby Boomers and younger generations.
If the above is in alignment with your audience and event, you’re invited to take a few minutes to watch CLIPS from a few of Joanie Marx’s radio and television interviews.